Thanks for visiting my site!
If it’s your first visit, let me bring you up to speed:
I’m an author, writer and solopreneur who loves doing business with creatives and innovators.
What I offer:
- Online Course
- Zoom Consultations
Happy to chat and answer any questions!
MY LATEST BOOK:
TULLY AND THE PELLMELLS
Tully is highly dissatisfied with his room at home and with life in general. He’s tired of being treated like a child. Being proactive, he finds what he thinks is a brilliant solution to his problems. But surprisingly, instead of things getting better, they rapidly get worse, and just when he’s sure nothing more can go wrong, everything really starts falling apart. Tully is cast into a nightmarish situation where his whole life is overrun by pesky Pellmells. What or who are the Pellmells? Why does Tully dislike them so much? It’s not surprising you don’t know. Not many people know about the Pellmells, which is why it’s a good idea to read this book and find out.
I wrote this book a very long time ago – when my children were still young, but I misplaced the draft (I only had a hard copy at the time), and eventually forgot about it. A couple of years ago, I found the manuscript for “Tully and the Pellmells” thrust into another folder at the back of a drawer. I took it to a local coffee shop to read, and found myself laughing out loud at the absurdities of the story. I knew the whole thing needed to be rewritten, so I took a workshop for writing children’s book and revised the entire text. Then I had it illustrated. It’s been a bumpy ride, mainly because I didn’t know a whole lot about publishing an illustrated children’s book, and had to learn a lot along the way, but I’m glad to say it’s finally out.
I was born and raised in India, moved to Israel in 1980 and have been living here ever since. I’ve been an avid reader since childhood, and writing in one form or another has always been part of my life, helping me cope with a challenging life. After experiencing the loss of a child in 2009, I once more turned for comfort to this channel and wrote my first novel, “Community of Ones.” A few years later, moved by a desire to help others who were going through loss and grief, I started blogging on this subject at , and have also led workshops on coping with loss.
I recently published my second book, a lighthearted children’s book, “Tully and the Pellmells.” I am now working on my next novel, on the subject of Get (divorce) refusal - which creates the unfortunately not-so-rare phenomenon of "chained women" in Jewish communities worldwide.
Want to know more about me than most people know?
1. Although my family spoke English at home, I studied in a Marathi-language school till the second grade and spent my first school years in a fog, which caused me to develop a rich inner life.
2. I owe my love of language to a very talented tutor who had me read a book a week to help me catch up in school, and I never stopped the habit.
3. I owe my perfect English to the British nuns who ran St. Mary's School. We were encouraged to read the classics (British of-course ;-)) and heaven help us if we checked out an Enid Blyton from the library!
4. I have a master’s degree in French, but have forgotten most of it and can no longer converse in French.
5. I was born in Madras, grew up in Mumbai, went to boarding school in Pune, got my MA from JNU New Delhi, and have never seen the Taj Mahal.
COMMUNITY OF ONES
This book tracks one woman’s journey from hopelessness to healing, exploring the many existential, emotional, intellectual and spiritual questions and dilemmas that arise in the wake of devastating loss.
TULLY AND THE PELLMELLS
Although this is a lighthearted children's book, it will strike a chord with readers of all ages, because we're all struggling with Pellmells that infiltrate our lives! Calling in the terminator won't get rid of these cheeky devils. What does work?
Read more to find out...